hornady fpb 300 gr.

vizslas

I shoot a triumph 50. with blackhorn 209, love this powder.I sighted in with the hornady FPB 300 gr. with 114 gr charge of        bh209 wich equates to 80 weighed grains at fifty yards.They seemed to shoot well enough that a 75 yard shot would not have to be out of the question. Going to the range to see if i can get it sighted in for a100 yards. Looking to shoot this round to a limit of 200 yards. I was hoping to get some ideas, does anyone shoot these bullets?

200 yards is a poke. I'm sure it'll shoot OK at 100-150. From there, you'll need to test out your setup and tweak as need be.

Nothing wrong with them accuracy wise and the longer 300 gr should help downfield.

I looking to try them in my Savage smokeless. I just need to remember to take the time when it is warmer out to pull her out of the closet and spend some serious shooting time. I don't shoot any guns as often as I used to before I picked up the bow though...

Nope- but I was looking at them yesterday and am interested to hear how you make out! Is there a risk that they won't stay put after loading?

they claim to have a 25lbs pressure to load them. I have shoved a few down the barrel and am not concerned that they would hold on the powder tightly and not move. I wont be waiting until spring to shoot these, so i will keep up with the updates of my range day.

I did a search and found numerous threads on Doug's Message Board. It turns out that at least in the Savage with smokeless powder the high PSI causes the copper jacket to slough off, but many people say the FPBs shoot really well with blackpowder substitutes. Good news for you Viszlas but not for me. I'm glad I did a search before I got too excited.

I have taken several deer with  the 300 fpb. I am absolutley comfortable with their knock down power. They all go through the oposite side, one shoulder or two, 30 to a 100 yards they hold together pretty well. Backed with 114 grans of bh 209.