First dog of 14....

So, I returned a sub par trail cam I had gotten during bow season and decided to get a FoxPro. Went out last weekend with my dad hunting for crows instead of predators since it was a blizzard and vis. was very low. When I turned on the FoxPro we were covered in crows in under 10seconds. I managed a double and fairly certain pops got 1 but with the snow it was hard to confirm the kill.

So yesterday I was out with the wife and saw a yote in a field off the 219 around noon so I knew I had to try today. Went out on my first set and just as I started calling my neighbor and his pals came through on their snow machines so I decided to pack it up and head to the south end of my property. On the way back I found all kinds of fresh track and even some rabbit fur and blood. Set up where the flat lands meet a monster reveen that they typically run on. Was using my hand crafted ( ugly as heck ) redneck special decoy. Used the woodpecker distress for about 10 min and nothing. Hit it again for about 5 min then switched to fox distress and within 1 min a yote came right down the trail I walked. Got the gun up and picked out a shooting lane. He finally got past a clump of hemlocks and I picked up my rifle..... dag gum scoped was fogged up !!! So I put it where I thought he was and I could just make out a head and shoulder.... let one fly and he took off and what looked like he was doing the " wheel barrel". i shot him about 6 ft from the foxpro. He went about 50yrds and piled up in some thick brush. Ended up putting one more in him before I crawled in the thick stuff for the recovery, but he was already dead. Felt good to get it done ! Approx 40lb male. Had a slight case of the mange too.

FoxPro wildfire 2

Hi point .45 carbine

230gr hand loads

3-9x40 scope

Pics to come

So, my decoy is a chunk of cardboard, 2 turkey feathers and strip of old glory.... put to good use ! I attach it with a loop of 10lb spider wire to a very nimble piece of wire about 3' long and put that into an old aluminum arrow that I stuff in the ground. Any little bit of wind and it will wiggle like crazy. Redneck engineering sure beats spending 50$ on the fox pro decoy !!!