Still holding...

WNY Bowhunter

Checked cams today and had 8 different bucks, of which 7 still have both antlers firmly attached...

I'm excited to see what this guy (aka Wannabe) will do this year as a three year old...he should be a good one!!!

IMAG0893.jpg

IMAG0894.jpg

IMAG0697.jpg

Still seems to be a little testosterone flowing...should have been a few sheds laying around.

IMAG0635.jpg

IMAG0661.jpg

IMAG0662.jpg

Only one missing an antlers as of yesterday morning...

IMAG0649.jpg

• Like 5

I didn't know you had a 2013 Black 60.

That's an early model one with the yellow info strip. There's a firmware update available to it for the old (or now current) strip. It does a few other things as well.

One thing you may want to look at, is dropping the light level down to half in this winter weather. With the snow on the ground you are getting a lot of bounceback. Normally full light is best on a field, but the snow helps light things up.

At least you know nobody else has scooped any of them up yet.

I can't think of a safer place for them antlers to be right now..... other than on your pile!

That's quite a few bucks to have running around one farm. Your antlers could add up quick this season!

• Like 1

I didn't know you had a 2013 Black 60.

That's an early model one with the yellow info strip. There's a firmware update available to it for the old (or now current) strip. It does a few other things as well.

One thing you may want to look at, is dropping the light level down to half in this winter weather. With the snow on the ground you are getting a lot of bounceback. Normally full light is best on a field, but the snow helps light things up.

Yeah, I sent my original 2012 Black 60 that I bought in to be fixed this past summer and was sent a brand new 2013 as a replacement.  I'll have to do the upgrade went I pull my cams for the season in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the tip!!!  My three coverts have held up like champs in the brutal cold that we've had. They are FAR more reliable that the two Moultries that I had out last winter...

Yeah, I sent my original 2012 Black 60 that I bought in to be fixed this past summer and was sent a brand new 2013 as a replacement.  I'll have to do the upgrade went I pull my cams for the season in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the tip!!!  My three coverts have held up like champs in the brutal cold that we've had. They are FAR more reliable that the two Moultries that I had out last winter...

Use the half power illumination on videos too (720). Never really noticed any quality difference with the full power and better battery life.

At least you know nobody else has scooped any of them up yet.

I can't think of a safer place for them antlers to be right now..... other than on your pile!

That's quite a few bucks to have running around one farm. Your antlers could add up quick this season!

I'm impatient. I had 9 sheds by this date last year!!!