Any retriever enthusiasts out there?

capt_terry

I have a retriever that I hunt. But I am a crappy trainer! he is a great dog, he is smart, dedicated, full of passion to hunt.. his only drawback is his poor trainer. I will probably be in the market for a puppy in the next year.. we should talk.

yeah they do the trials out at three rivers.. i usually take him down in the back of three rivers just after the trials end to go work some of the left over birds before the pheasant season starts.

• 1 month later...

Thats the plan, shes doing real well with basic obediance so far, she has been introduced to: water(loves it), frozen pigeons, and gunfire(.22lr), doing great with all three. I'm waiting untill the end of the State Fair this year and i'm going to go buy all the left over pigeon pairs that they sell in the poultry barn after the shows and races.  Then start a loft so I can train her through the winter on live birds.  I'm also going to be buying ducks this spring so I can shoot fliers for her.

I'm about an hour away just outside of Lttle Falls. I have a bunch of people come to my place on many Sondays for some dog training. This weekend I'm at an AKC Hunt Test in CT. But next Sunday I'll have a group training session. If you'd like to join us let me know. This is not something we charge for it's just a bunch of people interrested in Retriever training getting together to train.

This weekend I ran my two males at the AKC Hunt Test in West Thompson, CT. My younger one, Bandit passed his second Senior Hunter test making him two for two and half way to his Senior title. His older brother, MeToo passed in Master Hunter. MeToo is already a titled Master Hunter.