How many have climber stands?

Big John

I had a thought about them, I have a summit viper and I was thinking the other day if I don't get in the tree IE I sit and over look a field why not bring along just the top half put it around the tree at a good sitting height so I am comfortable and not sitting on the cold ground.... What say you folks?

Why not just bring the bottom too and just go up 5 feet or so to get a better view?

I have two climbers and have been using them for 30 years.

Well yes I was just thinking best of both worlds, ground hunt or tree hunt choice is yours....Just ocured to me that you need not go up the tree or telephone pole or whatever....

I bought a PrimetimeLite from Dicks sporting goods, 22lb.

Never thought about just using the top for a seat before, it would work though. I mean with mine I would be suspended, very comfortable, shooting rail optional. Except for the carry straps are set up on the bottom part I think, yeah. Point of safety: this would mean disconnecting the jam rope preventing the bottom from dropping out. Wouldn't want to ignore that imo.

Why wouldnt you get the tree you want? If someones in it, I cant see them letting you sit at the base! 8)

Seems like alot to carry for a seat, why not just grab a $10 green sports fold up chair somewhere??

A friend swears by his, covered the legs in camo duct tape..

I know people that have used the seat part of a climber as a tree seat.I used a tree seat a few years ago and shot a buck at about 10 yds. not long after I sat down. Tree seats are a lot easier to transport . But if you don't wan't to spend the $$ use the climber seat.

wow i had the same thing happen to me last year!  I love the summit openshot for the price.  Ive had that stand for 6 years and killed a bunch of deer out of it, plus like you said, you can use the top part as a tree seat for gun season.

i made my own climber at my shop. i looked at the viper and a few others took ideas from each that i liked drew it up and use aluminum laying around the shop had our welder weld it up together. its very nice i'll take it out set it up and post pictures of it. it only weighs 24 pounds. holds me pretty good im kind of a big guy 248 lbsi use it almost every time i go out which is 3-4 times a week and i feel very safe in it. but remember no matter how high ya go 5 feet or like me 25-30 feet use safty harness.