High Standard H-D

are there any military gun buffs out there that could give me some idea what a handgun may be worth? I have a High Standard .22 stamped U.S. Property that from what I can find is from a lot of High Standards that were produced for the U.S. Gov't as a training pistol from th WWII era.......the regular ones without that stamp seem to go for anywhere from $300-$500, from what I found this one may fetch a much higher price.....anyone have any idea?

I am pretty sure that if its says US Property...aka US Govt....then possession of it is not a good thing

not a problem at all,  legally registered, traced back through history to see where they came from and the whole 9 yards.....so not a concern at all, actually if you check gun auction sites there's a lot of old guns with such stamps out there, this just seems to be a little on the rarer side and I've yet to get a good answer on it's value.....if you're wondering what traced means, I obtained that handgun and a few other undocumented relics from a deceased relatives estate, I turned them in to my local Police Dept, and they ran a trace through the ATF to determine if they were "clean", once they came back ok, I was able to register them and take legal possession, all legit.

Edited by jjb4900