Nice weather New Bow

dbHunterNY

Yesterday it was nice so I brought out a new bow I picked up.  It's a leftover 2013 PSE Bowmaddness 3G that I setup up with a QAD drop away rest and HHA single pin sight with the geared dial.  I'm liking the setup and it should work good for outdoor 3D's this summer and as a backup hunting bow.  I shot some at 20 yards and quite a bit more at 60 yards to get the yardage dial tape figured out.  I'm a bit rusty from not shooting this winter but I was shooting 5-6" groups at 60 yards so I think i'll shoot a couple more times to verify the settings and then get the right tape on there.  thought about shooting farther and just measuring the distance around the dial and comparing the tapes.  maybe that'd be even more accurate then their number system.

if you've used this sight, are the actual tapes that come with it pretty accurate that far out?

I don't shoot that exact adjustable sight but the one I use has pre made tapes as well. They were close but not as close as I think they need to be. I just used a very good grade athletic/medical tape and a fine tip waterproof marker and did my own. Then I knew they were exact to my set up. They can't give you enough different tapes to adjust for every variable you could change in your set up.

• 2 weeks later...

At 73 years young, I use a single pin , but do it the old way, just shoot the marks in and then make my own tape. The others as you suggested are close, but it seems at the lower weight of the bow peak weight for my   ( bow setup is 55 lbs peak weight ) I do better making up my own yardage marking on the computer. I have marks from 20 yards, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, and last 55 yards.