Lesson's Learned

Fanaddict

I had the pleasure of taking my son-in-laws 12 year old nephew out trukey hunting this morning for his very fisrt time. We went out last night a put a bird to bed so I knew right where to go.  At the first sign of light I owl hooted and the bird gobbled. There was two of them and knew we had a fighting chance!! I could see a hen on the roost about 80 yards away, she flew down off the roost and landed right next to the decoy. I heard other hen's also so I knew it might be a hard hunt. When to tom's left the roost they started heading the other way so I went to work on the hen's hopeing they would bring the gobblers with them. Well it worked I got the boss hen's feather ruffed up and in she came in with 2 other hens and the 2 longbeards. The boss hen was picking at my decoy and really putting on a show for the 2 of us at 20 yards. The gobblers were still to far out for the 20 Ga. that the kid had so I had he wait until they got in range. Well they never did!! Just when I thought it was going to happen the birds spooked because the VILLAGE IDIOT tryed to sneak in on the birds I was working!! Let me tell you what happened next was not pretty. and I said some words that the kid I had and the kid he had should not have heard!! This guy knew I was woking those birds and tried to sneak in on them. Of course he gave me a line of BS but he parked right next to us so he knew there were other hunter in the area. The thing that made me the madest was he never said sorry to the kid who's hunt he screwed up. Hopefully the 2 boys learned a losson to have more consideration for other hunters, but I have the felling the VILLAGE IDIOT will continue to be an A-HOLE!!

Ugh   That sucks. I've run into the village idiot myself once or twice. Guy ran between me and my decoys to cut off the bird. That bird was coming hard too, Until he set up on posted property  (that I hunt with permission) and starting wailing on his box call. I said screw this and threw the orange ribbon from my vest and made as much noise as I could to find out what his deal was. " I was just seeing who was out here, this is posted he says" My response was 'Ya, and i'm the only one to have permission to hunt it!" His next question was are you going to be out here tomorrow. Yup, and the next day and the next day I said. Ignorant people suck !!!