150 mile migration by deer

BizCT

I don't know much about cwd, I was just posting the article because I thought it was cool that these guys followed these deer making this long trek. I'm hunting Wyoming in October, but the northeastern part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Do you really have to bring up CWD again?  It was nice not seeing those three letters on here for a while...... oh boy! :banghead:

That is pretty cool. But throw in CWD being moved that far by free roaming deer(Oh thats right, a few qdma guys say that cant happen) and that goes to show how easy it would be for something like that to roam across counties and state lines!

• Like 1

Do you really have to bring up CWD again?  It was nice not seeing those three letters on here for a while...... oh boy! :banghead:

Gotta deal with the facts man. Dont you know this crap is going to wipe out the herds?  For years its been said how bad it was going to be. Now you will see for years of what a joke it was. Hang On!!

I don't know much about cwd, I was just posting the article because I thought it was cool that these guys followed these deer making this long trek. I'm hunting Wyoming in October, but the northeastern part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are talking about one of the hottest CWD zones.  If your hunting deer im not sure you can even bring the meat into Ny state untill the animal has been tested and said clean. Another one of Ny's finest laws!

You are talking about one of the hottest CWD zones.  If your hunting deer im not sure you can even bring the meat into Ny state untill the animal has been tested and said clean. Another one of Ny's finest laws!

I believe he donates the meat.

• Like 1

When we went in 2012, we donated most of it but brought back some mule deer and antelope backstraps.  Thanks to the airlines, the boxes of meat missed our connection and didn't come until over a day later, and the dry ice didn't last that long. Wasn't worth the risk to eat the meat, so we threw it all out. This time we will probably just donate all of it, or give it to the kid we are staying with.

By the way, I just checked NY's laws and meat is OK.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/8325.html "Meat (without backbone)", not that I will probably bring any back anyway.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld