2nd Time Around was a Charm

letinmfly

Last week I worked this same bird but he had hens with him and wouldn't fall for my calling while having the real deal with him.  This morning I took my nephew out for the first time this season.  We arrived at my buddy's place at 4:30 and started getting ready for the morning's hunt around 4:45.  As we  were getting ready he hammered us with his morning wake up call from the same location where he was roosted last week.

We quickened our pace and got set up within 60 yards of him as I knew exactly where he was roosted.  He gobbled his fool head off this morning!!

I gave him some real soft purrs and clucks and he went crazy!!  Around 5:15 I gave him a fly down cackle and he lost his mind altogether.

Wasn't long after that he flew down and he was only 30 yards from us!!  I told my nephew to shoot him as soon as he was ready and not a minute later he had his first longbeard of the season!!  19lbs, 9.5" beard and 1" spursphoto1-1.jpg

photo5.jpg

• Like 6

Sweet- home run!

When do you get your turn up to bat....... or don't you?

Not till the end of the month Wooly.  I'll be up at bat the 29th and 30th!!

Besides the smile on my face is bigger when my nephew gets one rather then I.

Edited by letinmfly