Cool situation today

Woodjr55

So I'm down at camp today and I was checking my trail cameras as I was at my farthest camera waiting for the images to import on my iPad I heard some rustling on the path Parallel to me. I look and see a doe about 10 yards from me just passing by no idea I'm there. I'm thinking oh cool I'll get a picture of here then about 10 steps behind her comes her fawn. Now I've seen fawns on fields before and in late summer early fall but I've never seen one so tiny. My heart starts racing and I get that adrenaline rush I stand still hoping that I'll get a pic of the fawn. Well momma crosses the path about 30 yards from me and is staring me down. After about 20 seconds stomps her foot a couple of times and lets out 2 of the loudest snorts ever. And takes off down the trail the fawn high tailed it back the way they came.

I think I have the mother and daughter on cam plus a few others. Is it October 1st yet

• Like 1

What do you think about putting that firewood rack up on blocks just to get the frame off the ground so it doesn't rot? I'm thinking of building one over in our picnic area, and your design looks like something I might use.

Keeping it off of the ground also keeps the wood dryer more air circulation.This past year I used wood pallets on top of field stone and covered wit tarps.Went threw 12 full cords last year.

People by me are buying log lengths now,cutting,splitting and stacking for this coming winter..

That unit looks plenty strong enough to simply put a cement block under each of the four corners, and then you will have 8" of circulating air access from the bottom. The plastic tarp idea is pretty good too, but watch out for hornets and such taking up residence. They might get to be a bit testy when you lift up the tarp to get at the wood ..... lol.