G5 T3 broadheads

bowaholic

I just ordered some Rage Extremes the other day and have used Rage for the last couple of year and love them.  I was thinking of trying out something new in the G5 T3 this year.  Large cutting diameter, supposed to fly straight etc.  I know for a mechanical broadhead to be legal in NY it can not form or be in the shape of a barb when pulled from an animal and in all of the videos I have seen of the T3s I haven't seen anyone show how they come out of an animal.  So my question is are they legal in NY and if so has anyone used them with success/failure?    

They sell the T3 in stores. Along with G5's new 2 blade mechanical. So they're legal. I know people who use them

They sell bait in stores too but that doesn't mean its legal.  And again just because they wont give you a hard time doesn't mean its okay, I hunt by the book and don't want to use something that by law is illegal.  I guess Ill pass on the G5s then.

I'm pretty sure like dicks sporting goods stores sells them along with gander mountain and bass pro shops...I didn't think they could sell things that are illegal. Rages work great. Used them last year but moved on to a fixed blade. Good luck this season with which ever broadhead you use

I'm pretty sure like dicks sporting goods stores sells them along with gander mountain and bass pro shops...I didn't think they could sell things that are illegal. Rages work great. Used them last year but moved on to a fixed blade. Good luck this season with which ever broadhead you use

It is not illegal to sell barbed heads, just like it is not illegal to sell bait. Dick's carries a decent selection of deer bait.

It is not illegal to own buy/own barbed heads or to shoot them at targets.

It is, however, illegal to hunt with them.

This page:

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/8305.html

has a description and diagram showing what is allowed and what isn't. Seems pretty clear. If there is still doubt, you can check your local DEC office to make sure.