Pine/Cedar

Dom

I am going to be doing a project and was wondering what boards to use.turning a sun room into sitting room.this has a concrete foor what do you all think is better to use the only heat source will be a pellet stove.

Your pockets must be deep! I built a 6' long by 2' deep outdoor prep table that stands 40" to the top and the raw material cost was $350. I couldn't imagine lining a whole room with cedar. If the money isn't a concern the cedar does look much nicer once sealed with all the purple/red/white grains. Unless the pine is old growth you won't get the same effect. The other thing with the pine is you can always put a light stain on it to make it less yellow. Hope I gave ya enough help to make it harder on a decision :)

Edited by Kot2B

Our living room has one wall that is tongue and groove pine  with a light stain...Also our kitchen in old home had the same type of tongue and groove wanes coating....it's very ...hhmmm..homey/relaxing I suppose but can be over done...We have friends that did an addition.... floor to ceiling in tongue and groove...not my style