May have to try a new weapon this fall...

gunner1

I bought my girlfriend a Barnett Ghost 410 for Christmas last year (not for hunting, but because she watches The Walking Dead and her favorite character (Daryl) uses one) and after shooting it, I'm thinking it would be an awesome crossbow for taking a deer this fall! I have some new Rage broadheads I received as a Christmas present when I was planning on buying  a bow that I may be able to use.

What is the difference in regulary archery broadheads and crossbow broadheads?

Cross bow broad heads, especially mechanicals are built stronger to withstand the higher power of xbows. Standard heads may come apart or deploy in flight

Cross bow broad heads, especially mechanicals are built stronger to withstand the higher power of xbows. Standard heads may come apart or deploy in flight

I feel that most of the broad heads today are still built for compounds that are shooting fairly high velocities that many of the crossbows do. I do understand that there are some xbows out there in the 400fps. Seems like a marketing thing for me. Xbows are great but are just not appealing to me as I would much rather shoot with a compound still. Crossbow arrows (bolts) also to my knowledge have thicker shafts so you may want to check out what grain broad head you are using along with the inserts.

Edited by rotorooter23