Two More Bear Videos...

gunner1

Every time I watch that second video, I think "Man, that's a big bear!" On the day I got these videos (Monday) I was playing ball in the yard with our dog. After a while I stopped and was kneeling down pulling weeds from around the fire pit when the dog barked and trotted towards the road. I stood up thinking that there were people walking. I didn't see anything so I took another step towards the road and that big bear was in the road up by my truck getting ready to enter our yard!

The distance between us was no more than 20 yards. The bear looked at the dog and me and I could swear I heard her chuckle as she turned her head and came down the little hill into the yard. As she walked I noticed she was kinda favoring her right rear foot so I was a little more than nervous when Liberty (our dog) decided to run towards her barking. I called her back and she came and stood by me as the bear walked down the trail you see in the video up behind our house and into the swamp that borders the property.

• Like 1

Wow that's crazy. I've never seen a bear in the wild. 

Yeah, up until five years ago or so the only one I had ever seen ran across six lanes of traffic down by Monticello. I think there is a good population in my area because we've seen them several times a year for the past five years or so. In fact, one that dressed out at 300# was taken two years ago less than a half mile from my house.

Cool videos gunner1. They are a beautiful creature, until a wounded bear or sow with cubs rips your face off. Sounds like your paying attention with the fact you notice her favoring a foot while moving around, but still, be careful and stay safe.

Definitely cautious around these things. I've been within 20 yards of them on two different occasions and I can tell by the way they DON'T react to my presence that they know their place on the food chain...and my place on the food chain. Unfortunately, mine is below theirs.

Edited by gunner1