State Record 8-point

Millertime1989

We have a friend that shot a 167 (as I and Mr B recall) in Wyoming county several years ago...The only pic I have sits on our camp bulletin board.

He entered it in NYBBC

The only 160 class 8-point shot in Wyoming county in the NYSBBC record book was shot in 1940 by Louis Barton

gross 165-1 net 161-0

Knew of the one in Livingston and it the picture is impressive to see it does so much more. I also know a 8s near 160 just in the past few years- hard to image 13-14. Feet of antler w just 8 points.

Most of the guys with Giants- don't put them in the books or anywhere (online, NYON)... Too many wanna be pros want to hunt where the big buck was and not is

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Joe it is legit. I actually had that buck at 65 yds, bow in hand ready to rock at ten am opening day of bow. Shot next day.

That year same hunter shot another 150 plus deer in gun.

I have a daytime in the field pic of the buck. And a cam pic of him as a 2 or 3 yr old.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

Joe it is legit. I actually had that buck at 65 yds, bow in hand ready to rock at ten am opening day of bow. Shot next day.

That year same hunter shot another 150 plus deer in gun.

I have a daytime in the field pic of the buck. And a cam pic of him as a 2 or 3 yr old.

I'm not saying the buck isn't legit... it's obviously dead and a super big 8-point... just not officially scored and in the book with the info posted... Yet. I hope it is soon... that's one that would be nice to pass on for future hunters to see... it's a true 8-point giant that you don't see every day in NY.

I'm not saying the buck isn't legit... it's obviously dead and a super big 8-point... just not officially scored and in the book with the info posted... Yet. I hope it is soon... that's one that would be nice to pass on for future hunters to see... it's a true 8-point giant that you don't see every day in NY.

I doubt it will be entered as he is deceased. None of his deer were entered to my knowledge and I believe he had around 8 to 10 deer over 140, with most in the 40 to 60 range. Do know he had one over 170.

He is deceased after some life events spiraled pretty quickly. I wont talk ill of him personally but I will say he was a textbook example of when chasing antlers becomes too important in life.

Edited by phade
  • Like 2