Building next year's bow rig

chrisw

I went and shot some bows that interested me spec wise a couple of weeks ago. I ended up settling on the Elite Era Carbon. I added Elites 6 arrow quiver as well. Sadly I won't get it until June but excited nonetheless. Great feeling bow with what is inarguably the most tuneable features of any bow I've seen. It's not cheap, but I set out to build the bow I wanted this year, regardless of price. I bought Victory RIP XV arrows, which are the lightest, yet stiffest arrow I found, in order to try a 17% FOC setup with Magnus Black Hornets. Total arrow setup should be 510 grains roughly. I also grabbed some 100 grain inserts from Ethics Archery to boost FOC. I bought a left helical jig and AAE hybrid 2.7" vanes. As for the sight... I bought a Spott Hogg Fast Eddie XL and removed the sight housing, and bought an Ultraview UV3 XL scope housing in a stacked 2 pin configuration. If you haven't seen these housings check them out, really cool and customizable. Again, not cheap but it is what it is. I'm already excited for the upcoming year and to put this bow through the paces this summer. IMG_20221231_124434734.jpgIMG_20221231_124520424.jpgIMG_20230131_132742074.jpgScreenshot_20230214-145650.jpg

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Tough settle, lol. If you were not settling what were you going to get?!?!?
I’ve been an Elite user for 15-16 years. What I appreciate the most about them is that they nearly eliminated my desire to get a new bow often.
I guess settled was the wrong term to use! I don't need another bow but if one felt right and had the specs I wanted I knew I'd probably buy it. The tougher question is do I keep 3 compounds or sell one of my current two? Haha

• Haha 1

That’s going to be a sweet setup! I’m now an Elite shooter as well. I bought a Remedy last summer and liked it so much I bought another one as a backup.

That stinks you have to wait til June, but it’ll still be plenty of time to get it dialed before you’re in a tree with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That’s going to be a sweet setup! I’m now an Elite shooter as well. I bought a Remedy last summer and liked it so much I bought another one as a backup.

That stinks you have to wait til June, but it’ll still be plenty of time to get it dialed before you’re in a tree with it.

Yea, I ordered it but the dealer was told 12 weeks out. As long as it comes by June I should have plenty of time to get a bunch of shooting in. I've always liked Elites, but for whatever reason I just never ended up with one.

Yea, I ordered it but the dealer was told 12 weeks out. As long as it comes by June I should have plenty of time to get a bunch of shooting in. I've always liked Elites, but for whatever reason I just never ended up with one.

Kinda cool that they’re in NY too. Keep us updated!

• Like 1