Snowmobile equipment

I just got my first snowmobile a month ago, 2009 800mxz and now I'm looking at getting all new snowmobile equipment.  Ive been looking at the FXR lineup and really like what they have to offer as far as styling and reliability goes.  Im wondering what other people use and can use some second opinion on what equipment i should be using for the upcoming season?  

What are you using for a helmet ? Snowmobile with heated shield or goggles , i use a heated shield but keep a pair of goggles in the sled in case the shield stops working(it will ruin your ride when it ices over). I ride with castle gloves and i hate buying a new pair because it takes so long to get the palms to break in ,i hate the squishy feeling between my hands and the bars.If you are an agresive trail rider you won't have to worry about getting cold . I have a reima jacket which is the most unbelievable jacket ever ,unfortunatley they stopped making them.A word of advice would be to zip tie or fasten your spare belt in the sled ,lots of scumbags at bars can just walk off with a new belt in less then 5 seconds , Especially with belts costing as much as 175 bucks depending on your machine.

I have a ski - doo modular helmet. One of the originals. I have had it for 12 years. I have NEVER had an issue with my shield foggy up. Your breath is vented right out of the helmet. I like it so much I have another new one still in the box in the closet. Nothing is worse and can ruin your ride quicker than a shield fogging up. There are a ton of good jackets and bibs and gloves on the market these days. I don't think you can go wrong with a majority of the stuff, unfortunately I feel you get what you pay for. I bought a lot of gear and still do at the big east power sports show at the on center in Syracuse. They have great deals there from a lot of dealers. Some of the jackets or bibs may be last year's models but I know I saved almost $100 on my jacket and over $150 on my helmet. Definitely a lot of deals there if you have to buy everything. You want to buy stuff that is good. I rode a lot of days last year where the temperature didn't get above 10°. Good luck with everything!! And think snow!!!!

Thanks, im definatly going to take it easy until feel comfortable on it.

my honest opinion after riding for the last almost 20 years aka almost my whole life...you should have started with a 500 if you have never ridden before.  they go plenty fast enough for when your comfortable and getting more experienced.  an 800 is way more sled than a beginner needs.  I just last year upgraded to an 800 and I'm well beyond just an experienced rider.  What made you want to go straight to an 800?