Duck opener back up plan

Live2Hunt

I don't know if its too late but I am pretty sure Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge has a controlled waterfowl hunt (lottery). I think there are a few other controlled waterfowl hunts out that way, on state or county parks, but I am going from memory of something I didn't pay much attention to because I live far from there. 

If you are not set on a lottery hunt, you need to do what everyone else does, learn habitat and behavior of waterfowl, scout, and ask permission if it is private land.

Thanks Mike, lotteries are all closed as I was not selected  at Iroquois or tonawanda / oak orchard. I have always hunted Tonawanda but never the other 2, Just looking for some other Stateland /wma optionsfor the opener to scout out. I do put my time in scouting ect, unfortunately it was all in one area. LOL This is only my 4th season duck hunting hence the question of other options. Thanks again!

Thanks Mike, lotteries are all closed as I was not selected  at Iroquois or tonawanda / oak orchard. I have always hunted Tonawanda but never the other 2, Just looking for some other Stateland /wma optionsfor the opener to scout out. I do put my time in scouting ect, unfortunately it was all in one area. LOL This is only my 4th season duck hunting hence the question of other options. Thanks again!

Follow those big flocks of mallards when they lift off from the water and see who's farm feed they light into.  Then, secure permission.  You can get early morning and late afternoon hunts in that will blow your mind.  Ain't the same as hunting water but highly productive when you find the field they are feeding in.

• Like 1