Back from Physical...

growalot

So good news ...lost 6 1/2 #'s...bad....he was spending  a lot of time easing me into what I will hear from the surgeon....Probably the meniscus repair then once in he will decide whether to repair ACL then or let it go. Then I will be a brace and PT to strengthen surrounding tissue to either go for repair or a total knee replacement...knee replacement was mentioned a lot. This is due to the arthritis they found in my other knee. He confirmed that I had Severely torn the ACL sometime years ago. That due to either another surgery and cast or my having been on crutches for months  it was never found until I broke it this time...Either way I'll probably be allowed the hunting season...but was told to stay out of the trees...many..many times :sorry:

12 plus a pop up  and for gun a portable seat blind...he did say I could use the enclosed ones for they are only and 8ft climb up so those two........I didn't tell him I'm still working on the 12 ft platform  for another blind...Ya know 12ft is taller than I realized. :O ..lol

I stopped at a nearby neighbor to ask permission to park the gator in her barn yard...then walk back on level road to our property...We own on two roads ..the other road is  2600+ ft down the hill and then 1600 ft to where I can enter  I normally walk to it...this will allow me to drive to with in 300ft park the gator in a safe area then go hunt. I'm actually hoping I can talk the surgeon into a knee brace now....Or maybe get lucky and have the big boy stop out tomorrow...I did win the wishbone pull the other night... :cheese:

• Like 1

Wow, hope everything works out Growalot!  Makes my herniated disk and back issues seem minor! 

Bronchitis this week, fell down the stairs 3 weeks ago.  Have not shot the bow since Wednesday, ARG!!!  So much for opening week.  Looking forward to better days!

Oh no it doesn't!!been there to...slept in a recliner for 6 years..ER in an ambulance several times until I fell and everything went back to where it belonged...I'll take a good doctor with knee problems ..over clueless Doctors with back problems everyday...Best wishes to you. don't fool around with a fall and back issues ..Your in my prayers

Thanks...my Dr just laughs when I see him...there really isn't much I haven't twisted ,broken, dislocated, torn...ect.ect...He said...but your the patient we like to see in these situations...unlike sedentary ppl. You are active and moving, you know how to follow the rules we give you...and we all know what to expect...

• Like 1

If u do have to end up getting the total knee, may be a bummer for season but they have a great success rate for rehab!! Most of the time they are due to arthritic changes like you have mentioned in the past from prior (Surgery?) or meniscal pathology... But usually it is the patient who taps out n says uncle before they get the knee done ... And you can get by without the ACL by the way so as long as you are not looking to do quick pivots and cuts like an athlete would do... Ask your PT about strengthening for non-op ACL rehab, but I have a feeling your going to get the knee done because they typically do not "repair" the meniscus unless it's a younger patient perhaps an athlete who will benefit ... So in your case they would keep snipping out a little at a time trying to preserve as much as they can .... But good luck with it , and good luck with your season .... Joe