Euro Mount Question

Csk21

I've done a few Euro mounts myself and they came out pretty good. Just looking for something different.

Anyone ever done a Euro that gets cut flat? Is there a special name?

Just wondering where you'd start your cuts and such

Here's a couple I did a few years ago.

First one was a chunk of rough cut lumber from an old abandon blind. I cut and sanded that one to shape, and added some little cut off antlers for a stand to prop it up.

I liked the way the grain of the wood pattern fit the skulls outline.

The second one I just cut an old fence post and wrapped some barbed wire around it.

original.jpg

• Like 2

Nice I like the barbed wire. Did you just eyeball your cuts along the back side of the eye sockets more or less?

Yep, the barbed wire one was the first I did this way and I got a little too far into the eye sockets than I would have liked.

I made sure I didn't do that again on the second one. These were bucks I found dead, so it was free practice for me.

They're not perfect, but that's not what I was after with the finished product. I like to mess around with these kind of things in the off season just for fun.

I've done a few Euro mounts myself and they came out pretty good. Just looking for something different.

Anyone ever done a Euro that gets cut flat? Is there a special name?

Just wondering where you'd start your cuts and such

I just snapped a pic of one that I shot 25? years ago that hangs in the basement.  I had Bernie Seitz do it and originally it was on a plaque but I pulled it off, thought it looked better without it.

If you'd like, I can take a better side view tomorrow.

IMG_6131_zps84408967.jpg

I have plenty of other European mounts but all the rest have nothing cut off except the lower jaw.