Welcome Neighbor

airedale

So I do my chores around here early in the morning when it is cool getting all the stock fed and watered. If you read my fired up the incubator thread you would know I purchased 15 Royal Palm Turkey poults, they are kept down in my barn on the floor in a large brooder cage. When I walk in the door I am treated like a rock star as they know they will be getting their morning treat of dried meal worms and they are very vocal and raising hell until they get them. 

Well I had the overhead barn door open as I needed to get a bail of bedding that was outside and the turkey brooder cage is right in front of it so they can see outside. So as I am finishing up out in back of the barn with the other animals I hear those little poults yakking up a storm, I went inside to see what was going on, and in the doorway was one of the local wild hen turkeys with her poults having a conversation with the Royal Palm poults. 

Apparently she heard them RP poults living it up with all the chatter they do when they get those meal worms and went to the front of the barn to see what was going on. She took off when she saw me and a couple of hours later she and her poults were up in back of my house on the shooting range grubbing for grasshoppers.

Interesting morning.

Al

• Like 5