Hochul Strikes Again

SportsmanNH, you are absolutely correct.  I feel for the FFL's and will not consider them to be the enemy in this fight no matter what they do.  I'm not forced to do business with them.  However, we are ALL being forced to suffer by the state!  I have seen FFL's close shop and move out of state because of state tyranny without compensation, but most finally got fed up when their clueless customers started attacking them for the state's oppression.

They are suffering as much, if not more than the rest of us.  If we don't consider them allies, or worse yet, enemies, we will soon find it hard to locate any FFL in the state to deal with.  I also don't think that is an accident.  I believe that is the state's plan.

• 3 weeks later...

New York’s Background Check System for Ammo Sales Facing Constant Delays and False Positives

Sep 20, 2023

The system is facing “massive wait times.” One has to wonder if gun control advocates view this as a positive part of the law.

In New York, background checks are now required to buy ammunition, and background check requests will go through the state police instead of the FBI, possibly adding a delay in purchases. Fees are also being implemented to pay for the background checks– $9 on firearm purchases and $2.50 for ammo.

Vann says the rollout of the rules this week resulted in massive wait times.

“It took eight hours between a computer tech and me to play with their website to get their website working,” she said. . . .

Alek LaShomb, “New gun law targeting ammo stirs controversy in New York’s North Country,” Burlington-Plattsburgh WCAX-TV, September 19, 2023.

The system is also producing false positives.

“The system isn’t working — they’re making mistakes,” said Tom King, executive director of the state Rifle and Pistol Association.

King said he was denied over the weekend when he filed an application for a background check to purchase .410 shotgun shells in Rensselaer County.

A person has 30 days to appeal if State Police deny the attempted sale, and police have 30 days to respond and explain the reason for the denial. Additional appeals are filed with the state attorney general’s office. . . .

39 minutes ago, Grouse said:

New York’s Background Check System for Ammo Sales Facing Constant Delays and False Positives

Sep 20, 2023

The system is facing “massive wait times.” One has to wonder if gun control advocates view this as a positive part of the law.

In New York, background checks are now required to buy ammunition, and background check requests will go through the state police instead of the FBI, possibly adding a delay in purchases. Fees are also being implemented to pay for the background checks– $9 on firearm purchases and $2.50 for ammo.

Vann says the rollout of the rules this week resulted in massive wait times.

“It took eight hours between a computer tech and me to play with their website to get their website working,” she said. . . .

Alek LaShomb, “New gun law targeting ammo stirs controversy in New York’s North Country,” Burlington-Plattsburgh WCAX-TV, September 19, 2023.

The system is also producing false positives.

“The system isn’t working — they’re making mistakes,” said Tom King, executive director of the state Rifle and Pistol Association.

King said he was denied over the weekend when he filed an application for a background check to purchase .410 shotgun shells in Rensselaer County.

A person has 30 days to appeal if State Police deny the attempted sale, and police have 30 days to respond and explain the reason for the denial. Additional appeals are filed with the state attorney general’s office. . . .

Again, totally predictable (and call me a conspiracy theorist, but likely planned or at least anticipated)outcome.

A-hole sheep keep voting for those who see to strip us of our American birth rights. Just the tip of the iceberg, of what is in store for us. When will people see, their plan has nothing to do with hunting? 

• Like 5