What triggers the rut?

hondamx32

That link is not  research, it is an article written by a journalist, not research written by a scientist.... The biography off of that link lists where this guy is published (*) - none of them are science journals. Research is published in science journals. And it is not published until it is reviewed by a panel of other scientists...

(*) Not science journals: "his writings on whitetail behavior, hunting strategy, and quality deer management have garnered critical and popular acclaim. In addition to being a long-time field editor for Deer and Deer Hunting, Alsheimer's articles appear in Outdoor Life, Whitetail News, and many other prominent magazines. His books include Strategies for Whitetails, Whitetail - Rites of Autumn, Quality Deer Management - The Basics and Beyond, Hunting Whitetails by the Moon, Whitetail - Behavior Through the Seasons, and Whitetail - The Ultimate Challenge. He is also the co-author of A Guide to Adirondack Deer Hunting".

You have to know Charlie to know his dedication to the study of whitetails.. although it is true he makes his living doing it.. you also must know that he is a man of extreme integrity... all his writings come from years of studying whitetail behavior up close and personal.. even me, as cynical as I can be about some things would go as far as to call him an expert on whitetail behavior... and as knowledgeable as anyone in the world on the subject.

That link is not  research, it is an article written by a journalist, not research written by a scientist.... The biography off of that link lists where this guy is published (*) - none of them are science journals. Research is published in science journals. And it is not published until it is reviewed by a panel of other scientists...

(*) Not science journals: "his writings on whitetail behavior, hunting strategy, and quality deer management have garnered critical and popular acclaim. In addition to being a long-time field editor for Deer and Deer Hunting, Alsheimer's articles appear in Outdoor Life, Whitetail News, and many other prominent magazines. His books include Strategies for Whitetails, Whitetail - Rites of Autumn, Quality Deer Management - The Basics and Beyond, Hunting Whitetails by the Moon, Whitetail - Behavior Through the Seasons, and Whitetail - The Ultimate Challenge. He is also the co-author of A Guide to Adirondack Deer Hunting".

Since you are getting a little technical !  

The definition of Research does not have to scientific.  That's why I wrote it is HIS research.

His history of whitetail deer study is lengthy, so I tend to pay attention what he says.

Another to follow for ME to learn from is Dr James Kroll if you want scientific  here is his research !

Degrees/Certifications:

• B.S. Zoology, Baylor University (Distinguished Alumnus)
  • M.S. Zoology, Baylor University
  • Ph.D. Wildlife Science, Texas A&M University (Distinguished Graduate)

http://www.deertv.tv/deerchannel/articles/DrDeersoffice.pdf

I can and will say this, Charlie has the means and dedication to be a invaluable source when trying to learn or add knowledge so we can become more well-rounded in this very complicated animal.

Whether you like or dislike him, whether you believe his theories, whether you care at all is your own choice.

To me:  You'd be ignorant not to atleast aknowledge and appreciate some of his theories. 

The amount of hours he has in the woods is just incredible...  A man that truly loves the whitetail!!!

Edited by Taylormike

Since you are getting a little technical !  

The definition of Research does not have to scientific.  That's why I wrote it is HIS research.

His history of whitetail deer study is lengthy, so I tend to pay attention what he says.

Another to follow for ME to learn from is Dr James Kroll if you want scientific  here is his research !

Degrees/Certifications:

• B.S. Zoology, Baylor University (Distinguished Alumnus)
  • M.S. Zoology, Baylor University
  • Ph.D. Wildlife Science, Texas A&M University (Distinguished Graduate)

http://www.deertv.tv/deerchannel/articles/DrDeersoffice.pdf

I can and will say this, Charlie has the means and dedication to be a invaluable source when trying to learn or add knowledge so we can become more well-rounded in this very complicated animal.

Whether you like or dislike him, whether you believe his theories, whether you care at all is your own choice.

To me:  You'd be ignorant not to atleast aknowledge and appreciate some of his theories. 

The amount of hours he has in the woods is just incredible...  A man that truly loves the whitetail!!!

That man also has whitetails behind fence and every person that does has a whole new knowledge of that animal than a few hunters that sit in the woods a few weeks out of the years.  When someone that has deer say they could write a book on whitetails, many should listen. I know i have in 15 plus year and Charlie has even taken it a step further. Kudos to him.

Edited by Four Season Whitetails