Just wondering ?

Cbarber4

If I told you it looks like neon orange to deer would you neglect to wear it? I urge every person who might be in a hunting area to wear hunter orange during gun season!

Deer can see into the UV spectrum, so even camo that is seemingly awesome to us may glow bright blue to deer. Alot of camo fabric manufacturers are treating their fabrics with UV brighteners. There are products(sport wash) that are supposed to eliminate the UV.

• Like 1

I keep a spare vest in my bag for friends or my self. I did not know about the soap but I use a hunting brand so should be o 

most detergents contain uv brighteners, avoid those when washing clothes......there's no doubt that deer will pick out an unnatural looking blob no matter what the color scheme, if in doubt of solid orange wear camo orange. I hear many guys saying that all they wear is an orange hat, keep in mind that that's the body part that usually moves the most when hunting....I would wear an orange vest over hat any day, if you're walking around, you can never wear too much orange in my opinion. 

Take a black and white photo of a guy in the woods wearing blaze orange. That's what it looks like to a deer.

It stands out like a lighter colored solid object. Deer know when something in their area is different and they will notice it, if they look in that direction.

Camo blaze helps to break up the outline so it is less noticeable.  

Blaze seems to work very well in the snow.  It probably blends in with the bright snow in a deer's eyes.

I have my doubts about the UV issue, because I have never used anything to prevent it, wash my camos in scent free detergent from the super market and have never had a deer notice me when wearing it while bow hunting or gun hunting on my own land.  It's easy to sell something that you can't verify is working or not.