I've never seen this before

JGS

So I shot a doe today at about 9am that had a 3 pt following her the whole way in.  She went about 80 yards and tipped.  About 20 minutes later I looked over my shoulder and there was a good buck pacing around the small thicket where the doe went down.  I thought he had left but then about ten minutes later saw a deer rear end bedded right on the edge of the thicket through my binoculars.  It was the buck bedded and I tried grunting, snort wheezing, rattling, and doe bleats but nothing made him move.  Finally, close to two hours later I had to help the farmer do some work so I got down and tried a stalk but ended up bumping other deer and saw his white flag bound away into the brush.  I found my doe and noticed that the bucks bed was within arms reach of her.  I figure she was close to estrous and he could smell it and was just hanging around waiting for her to wake up.  

Has anyone ever seen this before?

You can see the matted leaves between me and the doe where he was bedded.

post-969-0-02512900-1415661467_thumb.jpg

I've never had that happen but I've had numerous (three) bucks show up while gutting a doe that was hot.  I shot her with the bow and those three bucks just kept coming, the biggest was last and he was a beauty.  If I didn't have bloody hands I'd have had a great picture.

I saw this.... it was November 20th 2011... I had sat down for a night sit at about 2:00.  Around 2:15 I hear crashing coming up the creek... through an opening comes a doe with her tongue hanging out and snot pouring out of her...  behind her comes a buck!  I look but the doe was larger than the buck so I decide to pull on the doe and drop her in her tracks.  I begin texting my wife and letting her know that I killed a doe and that the buck ran to her brother I was waiting for the shot.  Just as I was about to get up I see the buck come back.  I sit to watch him for a bit and start texting my wife letting her know he was back.  She tells me "shoot him then you won't have any tags to eat"  This year the weather was warm so it kind of made sense.  I looked at him while he was still pacing the swamp looking at her.  Finally I decided my wife was right and I did not yet have a 5 pointer.  So after about 20 mins I decided to take him too.  Two deer same day... The rest of the guys never saw anything for the rest of the year so I was happy I decided to take them both.  She was HOT and he didn't want to leave... Love kills!!  Sorry about the gut pile in the back not the best picture....post-1885-0-39278000-1415743095_thumb.jppost-1885-0-94832800-1415743092_thumb.jp

• Like 2