2014/15 trapping harvest thread

Kludes

Do they come baseplated and swiveled already? I modified most of my  #1.75 Victors by baseplating, shortening chain,  adding 2 swivels and night latching them. As soon as another deer or two end up in the freezer I'll be setting some hay sets out. Been pretty productive over the years. Not much bedding needed, good sight attraction for canines and don't freeze up on me. I forget every year to make waxed dirt .Going to sling some rat traps too. Seems like they're going to bring the most this year. Mink, beaver,coon all bottom $  

How often do you have to check traps in NY? Is it like every 24 hours or a few days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every 24 hours .   I'll set muskrat traps urban at dusk. Check at 11 pm or so and yank them at dawn. Nobody knows I was there either. I've pulled 11 for 13 first check and 10 for 13 in morning check. Stuffing active holes with conibears. Hit em hard and fast and get out. 

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 2

My spot I didn't hit last year I have caught some rats that won't stretch this year there so small so looks like a late 2nd litter there this year .. some spots they are doing o.k and then some they are not ...looks like i gotta start hitting spots every other year to help them rebound ....yea we got reds here alot of yotes too ...I am trapping swamps and ditches along roads some creeks for mink too

I tried looking it up to print out for him and I cannot find it if u have a link please share

Hope I'm not to late here but I think this is what you're looking for. This slip has got me into a lot of spots that I wouldn't have been otherwise, peace of mind for you and the landowner. I always keep a few in my truck.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/wildlife_pdf/ask.pdf

Well my waders lasted a week they got ripped today through the top ply and the bottom ply was still in tact with minimal pin hole so luckily I got the insurance on them at gander mtn so I cut a square of fabric off pocket on them and contact cemented both of them together after cementing what was left of top ply onto bottom ply .. guess we will see in the morning I set up a new swamp with 12 sets so I'll know at 630 am if it worked .....p

If u go through waders like me gander mountian protection plan is perfect cause they alway break in a year for me and I get a card for what I paid when they do rip and get another pair. ..