I think i caught Amish trespassing hunting

JusTheUsual

I just seen Amish buggies and horses and some one told me they seen them in orange hunting in woods next to a city park in Rome on corner of Muck rd and S James st.and I also think that is private property. There is a lot of private property around there.

Not a cop caller and not sure so I figured I would post here if anyone knows anything about that spot or want to call about it.

What's the deal with people slamming the Amish?

Don't they get privileges for hunting like they do for traffic? I have no clue, and I am not about to look it up. I doubt you will see them in hunter orange and hunting land that's not theirs.

Shouldn't you be paying more attention to the people shooting people for no reason, making the gun laws completely stupid?

Are you serious JustRob?  Its well knows that the Amish hunt whenever and wherever they want and shoot what ever they want! Here in Upstate they're moving in left and right and damn near everyone who boarders them will say deer population is down and there are a lot more shots, day/night/season/not season....

What's the deal with people slamming the Amish?

Don't they get privileges for hunting like they do for traffic? I have no clue, and I am not about to look it up. I doubt you will see them in hunter orange and hunting land that's not theirs.

Shouldn't you be paying more attention to the people shooting people for no reason, making the gun laws completely stupid?

• Like 1

Ok Amish do hunt & do where Orange. They do trespass they go where they want when  they want unless you talk to there leader of the Home and say NO. You can not hunt their land even those that suck up to them find out what's theirs is theirs what yours is theirs some exceptions.They don't own a truck,tractor, combine, or any other modern things but do borrow and use it. They do use electric in there milk tank houses and I think the company picks up that bill last I heard. They do use school buses but they do pay tax's. I heard that since they moved in deer went down, but same thing with the bigger farms English that shoot everything and everything. They are just like every other person some good some bad. I'll tell you this they did not stop at firearms with there rules they don't use muzzle loaders they have some good firearms I stopped one driving deer in my YARD played deaf I walked up  on him told him NO plus to close to houses he had a 30-06 bolt Remmy 700 with Zeiss scope worth more than what I had and he was one of the young ones.

Edited by Huntscreek