Anterless, mature buck, mounts doe...

malesi1

So I stayed out all day in 8F...3 different stands...... I got into the evening stand around 1:30 and wasn't there 15 minutes when I see a doe being chased by another "doe"...My first thought was it's a button buck, but the doe runs right under me, and stops. I notice that the chase deer is actually bigger than her, and neither of them are yearling deer..He sticks it's nose directly into her and bumps her forward. They stop 25 yards away, and he mounts her.... This is the first time I have ever seen deer actually mate, (35 years hunting). He stays on for less than 30 seconds, and hops off after a big "shiver"...She walks off, and he goes back where they appeared from.

I assume this buck may have lost it antlers fighting, was hit by car, or had a genetic defect of some kind....Either that, or I have lesbian deer on my lease!

Ended up shooting doe at 4:15...

Edited by malesi1

Made my day...After doing some internet research, I guess the word mature may be misleading...The deer was probably 1 1/2 years old and just didn't grow antlers, or lost them somehow... I was about to and shoot IT, but was so caught off guard by what was happening I just watched them...Glad I did.