long island tag problem

longislandhunter12

hey for all the guys who bow hunt deer on long island i have a little dilemma i need to get cleared up. I shot a doe 2 weeks ago and used my either sex tag because that was the only tag i had.(It was my first deer with the bow that i just wanted to put down) Went to ridge and thought i would be able to get another tag but could not. They said i should have gotten two doe tags along with my either sex tag so now i cant shoot a buck this year or for that matter even another doe if i wanted to. Can someone explain this to me how many tags you guys got for long island.

You should have received two BOW/MZ tags. One either sex and one anterless only tag. You should also have a regular season tag Anterlered only. The regular tag is also good on the Island. If you put in for doe permits did you choose zone 1C? If not you not get a DMP. If you did not put in for a DMP then you may be able to apply for them. Check with your licensing dealer.

You should have received two BOW/MZ tags. One either sex and one anterless only tag. You should also have a regular season tag Anterlered only. The regular tag is also good on the Island. If you put in for doe permits did you choose zone 1C? If not you not get a DMP. If you did not put in for a DMP then you may be able to apply for them. Check with your licensing dealer.

I only got one BOW/MZ either sex tag. I don't have a muzzloader so maybe I just did not ask for a second one.

I have all the antlerless tags I need, so that is not an issue for me.

I live on LI, but don't hunt here. Not sure if things might be a little different. Also pretty new to this.

Last year I bought a combined license (Supersportsman?) which included regular+bow+muzzleloader. That gave me a regular season tag and two bow/mz tags (either sex).

This year, the license types are different and you must buy everything a la carte. I don't do MZ, so I bought regular+bow. That gave me one regular season tag + one bow season (either sex).

If you used your bow tag already on that doe, you should still have your regular season tag. You can use that all through regular season, no matter what implement you use to take the deer.

If you only have a regular+bow license, you should only have 1 regular + 1 special season tag. If DEC said you should have 1+2, they were wrong (unless you also added MZ to you license). 

Either way, based on what you wrote, you should still have your regular season tag.

I live on LI, but don't hunt here. Not sure if things might be a little different. Also pretty new to this.

Last year I bought a combined license (Supersportsman?) which included regular+bow+muzzleloader. That gave me a regular season tag and two bow/mz tags (either sex).

This year, the license types are different and you must buy everything a la carte. I don't do MZ, so I bought regular+bow. That gave me one regular season tag + one bow season (either sex).

If you used your bow tag already on that doe, you should still have your regular season tag. You can use that all through regular season, no matter what implement you use to take the deer.

If you only have a regular+bow license, you should only have 1 regular + 1 special season tag. If DEC said you should have 1+2, they were wrong (unless you also added MZ to you license). 

Either way, based on what you wrote, you should still have your regular season tag.

the two bow/muzzleloader tags you get with purchasing those options are not both either sex........one is either sex and one is antlerless only.

• Like 1

ever notice that every tag and season thread ends of sounding like a rerun of "who's on first" skit? LOL

yeah, it's painful to follow.....which brings me back to a post I threw out a while back about the amount of illegally tagged deer that must slip through the system(and I caught hell for it)...........opening weekend one of the guys I hunt with ran into a guy dragging a 5 point off of State land in an antler restriction zone and commented on the small 3rd point on one side, the hunter said "oh, man I forgot about that"...probably one in a hundred cases of the same.

I bet the majority of hunters really try to get it right, but the folks that write these regulations must be doing some pretty heavy drugs when they write them. I can't imagine they can sit down, read them at a later date and say "yeah, I totally understand that',  no way. I wonder how many that think they have everything squared away in the hunting would find that Mr. Enforcement could find they have some violation.