Long Island - Hunting at grumman field and Power lines?????? SO Confused

longislandhunter

Ok so all i hear about is "the field" by Grumman.  I hear there are lots of deer and big bucks there.  I have heard both that you CAN and CANNOT hunt there.  I have also been told that lots of big bucks have been spotted by the "power lines".  Does anybody know if where exactly these areas are and can we hunt them??  Thanks

as far as i know you can not hunt grummen proprty but im sure there are guys who work for grummen or the surrounding buildings on the property that prob DO hunt it. whether they have permission or sneak those hunts i do not know. i do know that place is loaded with deer tho. i took my Supra there for a photo shoot on the run way and there were deer everywhere. i just personally think it is NOT legal to hunt there. But there are prob guys in there cleaning up tho....

im sure there are guys on here who hunt that land. you will not here a word from them about it but im sure there on here... lol

It is private property and i do not think it is posted, i can remember... eitherway you would need permission to hunt it via land owner and i would say its prob near impossible to get it. the guys who do hunt might stick close to the buildings on the property and prob sneak on... just my input.

If were talking about the property in manorville,You would have to scale a fence to get in.All 2000 acres are fenced in.As far as big bucks,The property was fenced in back in the 60's,Trapping deer inside.Because they were not hunted like the ones on the other side of the fence,they died of old age.However now thats its not an active base anymore,Fenses have been left open and many of the deer have slipped out to the wild side.Also,toxic waste from that base has seeped into the ground and has contaminated the ground water which is showing up at a hunting club I belong to across the street.