Release Dates

WingNut

I GOOGLEd Pheasant Release dates New York and it only gave me release sites .

you could check these out ..........

Albany County

• Berne - Partridge Run WMA - See maps at all informational kiosks. (YH, RS)
  • Knox - Margaret Burke WMA - west side of County Route 254. (YH, RS)
  • New Scotland - West side of Diamond Hill Rd. north of Clipp Rd. (RS)

Call the DEC and they should have the answer

I was told by DEC they stop releasing the last week of october. Thats region 3, but i assume its across the state

Well the season isn't the same across the state so I wouldn't be surprised. I am surprised that they go through the effort so early, even before the season opens. Release a number for the youth season sure. I wonder how many are taken out from predation even before the season starts?

All I know is that they must release them a lot over the winter. I can't go one car ride through partridge run without almost hitting one on the way home. They are everywhere along sickle hill rd. Some even survived the winter last year and saw some chicks. The best spot, where I see the most pheasants, are right at the beginning of high point rd off sickle hill rd.

All I know is that they must release them a lot over the winter. I can't go one car ride through partridge run without almost hitting one on the way home. They are everywhere along sickle hill rd. Some even survived the winter last year and saw some chicks. The best spot, where I see the most pheasants, are right at the beginning of high point rd off sickle hill rd.

your seeing them now?  I'm actually thinking about heading up there this weekend for a little hunt.  small game with my dog.  

Well the season isn't the same across the state so I wouldn't be surprised. I am surprised that they go through the effort so early, even before the season opens. Release a number for the youth season sure. I wonder how many are taken out from predation even before the season starts?

the guy at Ringneck Preserve told me if he puts them out the night before a hunt the Owls kill most of them by daybreak

• 1 month later...