Squirrel Slam suit

greg54

When you keep slamming us "downstaters" you just show your ignorance. Without us downstaters your Upstate economy would be ******.

This really isn't relevant to the topic, but if that was true NYC would not have made the wise choice many years ago of buying upstate land for it's water supply. In other words, is there enough farmland on Long Island to feed 9 million NYC residents? Without importing things like GARLIC from distant places like Asia... Importing is bad, it is not green; locavorism is green... There is no economy without water and food... There can be an economy without fossil fuels and the stock market, but not without water and food... 

I think the hunting community must learn to work with down state people and downstate politicians, there is much bravado labeling people and being critical, but no action when it comes to forwarding a pro hunting agenda... That being said, in my opinion,  if NYC decided to split off, as Washington DC did split from Maryland,  both upstate and NYC people would be happier and could focus and attend to their own business, not each others. The cultural differences between the two geographic areas are too wide to reconcile without an excess of unhappy faces... The political gerry-mandering of the legislature, particularly the assembly, creates an over-representation of NYC values across the entire state, and that is what people are complaining about...

• Like 4

I've no problem with people from upstate and often I am in awe of how resourceful and hard working they are, many that I know work more than one job because they have to.

But the way i see it haters gotta hate and thats what you see here when someone jumps the gun blaming downstaters for issues created in their own back yard.

This really isn't relevant to the topic, but if that was true NYC would not have made the wise choice many years ago of buying upstate land for it's water supply. In other words, is there enough farmland on Long Island to feed 9 million NYC residents? Without importing things like GARLIC from distant places like Asia... Importing is bad, it is not green; locavorism is green... There is no economy without water and food... There can be an economy without fossil fuels and the stock market, but not without water and food... 

I think the hunting community must learn to work with down state people and downstate politicians, there is much bravado labeling people and being critical, but no action when it comes to forwarding a pro hunting agenda... That being said, in my opinion,  if NYC decided to split off, as Washington DC did split from Maryland,  both upstate and NYC people would be happier and could focus and attend to their own business, not each others. The cultural differences between the two geographic areas are too wide to reconcile without an excess of unhappy faces... The political gerry-mandering of the legislature, particularly the assembly, creates an over-representation of NYC values across the entire state, and that is what people are complaining about...

I'd say that's a fair assessment of the matter.  I wonder if NYC would consider going the way of DC. 

We might not like to admit it, but the money flows in both directions really.  As a seperate entitiy, the upstate (north of Westchester?) region might then have to seriously consider consolidation of services and municipalities or face some hard times.

I've no problem with people from upstate and often I am in awe of how resourceful and hard working they are, many that I know work more than one job because they have to.

But the way i see it haters gotta hate and thats what you see here when someone jumps the gun blaming downstaters for issues created in their own back yard.

If you're referring to my earlier post, I apologized for that.