Safe act confusion

I think I figured out the answer to the original question......with the amount of weirdos out there obsessed with cops and what they do, both on and off duty, that alone proves that they are always at risk and need to be prepared for the worst.........could you imagine being off of work for the day, out shopping, and when another shopper hears you're a cop, they creep up behind you and cling onto everything you're saying or doing?

Edited by jjb4900

The original question was, "...are they more worthy of self protection..."

The answer to that is no. Everyone is equally worthy of self-protection.

Do LEOs  have more to worry about? Absolutely. That they have more to worry about is basically a part of the job they've chosen.

I have about a dozen friends and family in LE. Not a single one would ever consider themselves somehow more worthy of self-protection.

• Like 2

The original question was, "...are they more worthy of self protection..."

The answer to that is no. Everyone is equally worthy of self-protection.

Do LEOs  have more to worry about? Absolutely. That they have more to worry about is basically a part of the job they've chosen.

I have about a dozen friends and family in LE. Not a single one would ever consider themselves somehow more worthy of self-protection.

I agree with you100% on that..... I just get sick of the "i saw a cop run a red light"  "I saw a cop talking on his cell phone"  I saw a cop speeding"   Blah… blah... f'ing blah.., What ever.

how do you know what they're doing or where they're going when they go through the lights?......are they required to have their lights and sirens on when responding to all calls?

Because they casually roll up to the light at around 15 mph. Stop. Turn on their lights. Run the red. Turn off their light. Then continue to roll along casually at down the block. I would hope if they are responding to a call that they show a little more urgency. This is not a rare occurrence. Anyone who lives in the city will tell you it is rare to see a squad car sit at a red light through its entirety.

Let's make it clear that I'm not complaining. I have many friends who are NYPD. My job gives me perks and this is one of theirs.

Now that I think about it, I'll ask them next time I see them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk