Opening Weekend

Hey guys,

Took some time away from the site. Too much political stuff for my liking. Hope the banter has calmed and the warmer weather has cheered a few of you up.

This past weekend Turkey opened up here in Mississippi and I couldn't have been happier to get into the woods. It was in the 60* and I didn't hear or see a bird on public land, but couldn't have been more satisfied. I think the recent cold weather has pushed the mating back, so hoping for some good hunting this weekend. I can shoot 3 toms here but jakes aren't legal.

012_zps1p11inpy.jpg

• Like 2

By auto illumination do you mean it turns on by itself with movement?

no, it adjust the brightness based on the light conditions. I normally leave it off although its the same battery for 3 years. keep spares with me. I turn it on when i think a birds coming in.

Is that a public land food plot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah pretty cool huh? army corps land. leased to farmers. everything from soy to cotton and corn. not sure anything eats the cotton but clover and stuff grows out there.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the way a lot of that ground is cleared straight to the dirt. That way those stinking snakes down there cannot get to you without you seeing them coming ..... :scare:

cotton field haha. ticks are bad down here but not a big lyme disease issue. spiders too. creeps me out.

Had a gobbler coming in around 9 and I either didn't fool him or I blew it. he was behind me at I think around 100 yards. Happy to get some action though.