Skunk Hunt

Curmudgeon

On her pre-dawn walk, my wife was chased - yes chased - by a skunk. She isn't very fast, but fortunately faster than a skunk. She made a couple of 90 degree turns to make sure it was chasing her. It broke off the chase after about 100 yards.

This was my opportunity to hunt dangerous game. I figured this would be my only chance to experience the adrenaline rush that comes from being charged by a cape buffalo or lion. I stalked around the whole area where the skunk chase took place. I was totally focused - at least as focused as I can be at this point in my life - waiting every moment for the attack to come. The skunk never showed. Either it left, went to ground, or knew it was no match for me.

• Like 4

On her pre-dawn walk, my wife was chased - yes chased - by a skunk. She isn't very fast, but fortunately faster than a skunk. She made a couple of 90 degree turns to make sure it was chasing her. It broke off the chase after about 100 yards.

This was my opportunity to hunt dangerous game. I figured this would be my only chance to experience the adrenaline rush that comes from being charged by a cape buffalo or lion. I stalked around the whole area where the skunk chase took place. I was totally focused - at least as focused as I can be at this point in my life - waiting every moment for the attack to come. The skunk never showed. Either it left, went to ground, or knew it was no match for me.

aren't skunks one of the top carriers of rabies? maybe that explains it's behavior.............

Been chased many times by them...and darn if they don't go the distance! Them and raccoons seem to be chasers in the spring...It's the only time it's happened...

Hmmmm. That's weird Grow. Nothing chases me but I'm a curmudgeon. The only other time my wife was chased, it was a raccoon. She got me out of bed, I killed it, and the DOH confirmed it was rabid.

It is nothing unusual in skunks...like I said spring time each time it was a family of skunk and they didn't care to see me in the area...they are near sighted and will charge and chase a perceived threat before spraying...spraying is a last resort for that gland is small is their best defense and takes time to replenish as it were.   I told the story here of the one male that chased Angel and I through our woods and down the hill ..he finally stopped after crossing 3 streams in the pursuit. The raccoons  I would guess more of a distemper or rabies thing...they were dispatched with a clubbing and 2 times help from my dogs...Angel and Bear... 2 different times grabbed tails dragging them back from me as I had a chance to club them in the head. The coons payed little attention to the dogs other than when I gave a command to protect, but would break free to charge at me...Once during turkey season I had 2 raccoons climb up the brush blind I was in and start over the top...one shot got them both ...the idea of sitting on the ground trapped in a blind with 2 adult raccoons jumping in on me wasn't pleasing.

Hmmmm. That's weird Grow. Nothing chases me but I'm a curmudgeon. The only other time my wife was chased, it was a raccoon. She got me out of bed, I killed it, and the DOH confirmed it was rabid.

I am constantly persued by Victoria's Secret models. It's horrible!

• Like 4