Wilmington, New York in the Adirondacks...gonna meet Santa????

NYBowhunter

Heading up North this weekend with the family for a trip to Wilmington, NY in the adirondacks. We are heading to the North Pole to meet Santa....lol.. :)  Anyone familiar with or from this area of NY. Whats the area like, is it seculded big woods or is it more of a city?? Hows the temps and snow looking like this weekend??? It will be a 6 hour drive or so for us, looking forward to the trip. Thanks..

They have a camp site there and we stayed there in July, it was down in the high 20's. So it will be cold as heck for you, its not far from Saranac lake which is one of the coldest spots in NY. I wouldn't call it city but there are stores and things in the area, I guess it depends on where you are from. Santa's workshop is on one of the roads up Whiteface Mountain which is where the held the Olympics in the 80's. The area is absolutely beautiful and I am sure you will enjoy it. We plan on returning for more camping,hiking, and fishing this summer.

They have a camp site there and we stayed there in July, it was down in the high 20's. So it will be cold as heck for you, its not far from Saranac lake which is one of the coldest spots in NY. I wouldn't call it city but there are stores and things in the area, I guess it depends on where you are from. Santa's workshop is on one of the roads up Whiteface Mountain which is where the held the Olympics in the 80's. The area is absolutely beautiful and I am sure you will enjoy it. We plan on returning for more camping,hiking, and fishing this summer.

Thanks Doewhacker, thats exactly where we are headed to Whiteface Mountain. Yeah I would expect it to be very cold this time of year....figures my mother-in-law would pick one of the coldest places in NY...lol... guess thats the price we will have to pay to meet Santa...lol... :)  Should I bring my ML??? ;) Oh wait thats the northern Zone right???

I was looking at the weather for there it has lows in the single digits and highs in the 20's forecasted, thats not too terrible for there.

Say hello to the Reigndeer, they have a bunch of them there. Honk the horn when you drive past exit 16 on the north way thats where I live, Well not really but you get the idea..lol