Bag Limits

upstatehunter

Yes has been a busy summer. I haven't been on in awhile and was just reading regulations on Dec site and was looking for clarification.

The problem is that none of the answers that you get on this site have any legal authority behind them. Game cops and judges are not going to be impressed with a remark about how you "heard it on the huntingny.com forum .... lol. If you are expecting any of these scenarios to actually happen, you should be e-mailing the regional DEC headquarters. I say "e-mailing", because I think there is some value in receiving a written response rather than a phone response.

The problem is that none of the answers that you get on this site have any legal authority behind them. Game cops and judges are not going to be impressed with a remark about how you "heard it on the huntingny.com forum .... lol. If you are expecting any of these scenarios to actually happen, you should be e-mailing the regional DEC headquarters. I say "e-mailing", because I think there is some value in receiving a written response rather than a phone response.

I completely agree.  If you have a question, especially one that could lead to a violation and ticket, email the DEC.  

Contrary to what some may tell you, they are there to help and they do.  If you're polite, they respond in kind.

The email address is directly accessible from their website under hunting, usually in the right hand side bar.  It is also listed on various pages in the printed regs.

I've done this on more than one occasion, most recently I relocated and emailed and received a response about my game bird breeders license.

It only takes a few seconds to send them a question, and like stated above, you will have in hand a printed response from the DEC person most closely associated with your question.

On DEC's site in the question n answers , if i fill my tag (deer) can i still help hunt ..

yes , u can partake in the deer drives , you just cant shoot .. 

I would apply that logic to small  game too ,, you just became the rabbit / squirrel Dog ;)