went to the range today

tommyc50

God forbid someone's opinion differs from the boys of HNY forums.

I'll raise your bow hunters commentary with all the slob gun hunters that drive deer during gun season- let me guess ; they're practiced, well seasoned and proficient in making running shots, right?

Just because my opinion was presented doesn't mean I side with a group of hunters. The vast majority of "hunters" in this state are lazy and not well versed with their abilities in any regard or with any implement.

In my opinion- a hunter has responsibility to be as accurate as possible. That's rarely the case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How do you know that those 2" groups isn't the BEST that an individual hunter can muster? By your philosophy, humans may have gone extinct a long time ago because I can assure you our ancestors would have all starved by your mentality of being unethical hunters with their stick and strings and spears.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

• Like 1

gjs4 I am not trying to bash you.  Hell one of my first posts was asking why hunters could not pass on young deer and shoot something a bit older.  Boy was I put in my place!  But you know what I understood the points the other meat hunters where making and it changed my view. 

Many hunters do not practice like they should.  Hell most of the bow hunter are just starting to get ready to take the first shot of the year and after about 20 they are READY!???

We would all like to have the hunters be proficient with the weapons they use but fact is many lead lives other than deer hunting, unlike most of us addicts on this site they lead a normal life and do not revolve around deer hunting.  We are the exception and many of us strive for perfection but as we get older and our bodies wear out we learn that we do not have to be perfect to kill a deer. 

You talk about accuracy, are you up for a challenge?  Me vs you offhand, bench, bow, rifle, you name it and prove how much of an expert you are vs a laymen like me.  I am sure we can not use the same bow but we can use the same guns.  We can use open sights with no rest to start.  Challenge is ready are you?  

In general- bow hunters are more prepared than gun hunters by the simple nature of the distance thy must have their query within. Many gun hunters are slobs- taking bore sighted guns to the woods, never practicing, etc.

I really don't give a crap about anyone telling me they know facts better than I do. Not here to fly the flag of my ego- I am here to offer an opinion whether it's loved or not.

You can challenge me to anything you want. I am better than you with any gun or bow discipline and your typing challenges can be saved for some kid scared of you at the bike rack.

The cute little fraternity of hny can be a joke- as that of hunting in Ny- both with the frequency of "more than often". It seems you rather have corroboration of a like minded beer sharing buddy than step your game up. My turn- Your opinion sucks as much as your marksmanship then and you're trying to compensate for with chest poking challenges to a guy you know nothing about.

If you don't like my opinion- make yours better through facts and move on to someone who cares to value your drivel.