What would you do?

InkedLilPiggy

This year ordering my tags online was an even bigger pain in the neck than last year. I signed in and selected my DMPs, got my turkey tags and the site reloaded. This happened three more times after that. When I finally was able to get the order submitted I assumed everything was all set. Yesterday I got my envelope from DEC in the mail and when I opened it I immediately realized there was a problem. Inside the envelope there was two full sets of tags, two back tags, two licenses. All the doc numbers on the tags were different but the backbtags and license were obviously identical, my ID number on them. I called DEC this morning and was told that this situation was not possible and that they only sent out one set to me. I had to actually start reading them the different tag numbers to get them to beleive me. Finally I got a supervisor on the phone who told me which set of tags was valid and what to do with the other set. My question is, what would everyone else have done? Keep both sets and use all the tags in hope DEC didnt pick up on it?

This year ordering my tags online was an even bigger pain in the neck than last year. I signed in and selected my DMPs, got my turkey tags and the site reloaded. This happened three more times after that. When I finally was able to get the order submitted I assumed everything was all set. Yesterday I got my envelope from DEC in the mail and when I opened it I immediately realized there was a problem. Inside the envelope there was two full sets of tags, two back tags, two licenses. All the doc numbers on the tags were different but the backbtags and license were obviously identical, my ID number on them. I called DEC this morning and was told that this situation was not possible and that they only sent out one set to me. I had to actually start reading them the different tag numbers to get them to beleive me. Finally I got a supervisor on the phone who told me which set of tags was valid and what to do with the other set. My question is, what would everyone else have done? Keep both sets and use all the tags in hope DEC didnt pick up on it?

I had something similar happen a few years ago only they were identical #'s on both sets, I destroyed the second set as they suggested.......

• Like 1

I was told to mail back one set with a note explaining everything. I was given the tag numbers for the valid set so I can be sure to mail the correct set back. Glad I called, I would have hated to tag a dear with the invalid tag and than lose it to DEC. I am just astounded that I was told that what I was reporting to them wasn't possible. I mean, I was looking at the tags.

• Like 2