2015/16 Trapping Harvest Thread .

Kludes

Yes they are a bit tougher to catch but once you figure them out it gets easier .. every year I tell myself they are one smart @$$ canine ... but that's why we do it to know we outsmarted them .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I had one trap sprung yesterday with nothing in it.. Wondering if that might of been a coyote messing with it

Coyotes are tougher to make commit foxes are easier...yotes are way bigger so your trap placement would be a little farther back from hole not much just a tad ...the less time u spend at a set the better and stay back as far as possible when checking them if you can stay 20 yrds away do

Coyotes are tougher to make commit foxes are easier...yotes are way bigger so your trap placement would be a little farther back from hole not much just a tad ...the less time u spend at a set the better and stay back as far as possible when checking them if you can stay 20 yrds away do

will they both go after the same lures?

I had one trap sprung yesterday with nothing in it.. Wondering if that might of been a coyote messing with it

Sounds like a fox or maybe a raccoon. Once a Fox is onto your set he'll get harder to catch. You may need to make double sets to catch it. If he trips it again, leave it and make a good set back about 15 inches. Both reds and grays will work the same sets, but grays prefer thick brushy areas and reds like open grassy fields

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Yea I trophy skinned it out too lol it took me almost 2 hours but it's done in more bug spray till tomorrow when I get to the rest... toke for beer for sure ... checked the bladder hoping for it to be full but nope so took the glands all over it and different matrix parts for a lure