2015/16 Trapping Harvest Thread .

Kludes

Coons get rowdy sometimes. I use to live catch them in harvahart traps in my parents backyard as a kid and then would go ballistic when I went up to cage to let them out. Like mini bears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

same one four times over a couple months. Docile and mellow dude. Could always tell it was him. He got free apples , I'd let me go. Other ones were snarling and trying to get at me. They don't come around anymore

post-4567-0-48744200-1449268686_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Looks furred up pretty well. Ever try the hay set when we get snow ? It's a killer set. Caught 5 from same set years back before I pulled it. No trap bed needed. Sprinkle a good pile of hay to make a mound, set 2 traps in some loose hay and use scissors to cut small pieces of hay to lightly cover traps. Wiggly trap doesn't even matter. Place lure in two small holes and maybe a dash of urine on hay. Doesn't freeze ever. If this set isn't in your arsenal you need it. Look at Pipe set too.

• Like 1

Looks furred up pretty well. Ever try the hay set when we get snow ? It's a killer set. Caught 5 from same set years back before I pulled it. No trap bed needed. Sprinkle a good pile of hay to make a mound, set 2 traps in some loose hay and use scissors to cut small pieces of hay to lightly cover traps. Wiggly trap doesn't even matter. Place lure in two small holes and maybe a dash of urine on hay. Doesn't freeze ever. If this set isn't in your arsenal you need it. Look at Pipe set too.

I've used hay set with results just started looking into the pipe set...also a trench set the neighbor was telling me about looks good to

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hay sets don't work well in my area I've tried many times with a yote 1 time years ago and kinda gave up on it ..just stick with what works for me and try stuff and if it works add it in my arsenal .. I'll try again sometime but I've not tried the pipe set and can't find it on the other site ...I use flat sets dirt hole garbage piles scent posts blind sets and then I'll lay a ecent log into a opening or path and then bed the trap off of it 6-9 inches offset and have been doing well ..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2