Cabela's... What ?! No gunsmith !

turkeyfeathers

So upon checking ML and slug gun today on paper I realized my extractor on 870 was missing. Not sure how that happened. I take very good care of my guns. Cleaning , oiling , gun cases etc. So I decide to swing by Cabela's on the way home to get it repaired for gun opener. No gunsmith Really ?! That's quite odd I think. Total missed opportunity IMO. Oh well, dropped it off at Wolcotts on the swing back home. It maybe ready as they had to order part. Muzzle stuffer maybe going the first few days. I carried the ml all gun season last year anyhow. Only shoot once anyhow

Even if they had one, they probably wouldn't be that good.  I purchased a cantilevered slug gun a while back with a separate scope.  Got it home and was having a ton of trouble siting it in.  Turns out the scope was way loose among a other things.  box stores are great for toys, but not for working on them.

• Like 3

Real gunsmiths are highly trained craftsmen. Very few of the older ones are staying in NY, and the young ones are leaving as soon as they get their acceptance letters from a 'smithing school in another state. They're not coming back.

The oppression is working at many levels.

The claw on your extractor has broken off. Fairly common problem with 870's and 1100's. It's a $20 part and a 20 minute job.

• Like 1

extractor on an 870 is an easy repair. I had my Wingmasters extractor break a few years back. I ordered up two more ( if it broke once, it could again) , found a good schematic and replaced it myself quite quickly. the spare was well greased, wrapped in wax paper and inserted in the butt stock screw hole. I only paid about 5 bucks each for the extractor at the time.