Dogs and common toxins

turkeyfeathers

So wife is a vet and had a dog came in from eating grapes. Very toxic to some dogs and not so much to others. So she listed a few other common items that are toxic to dogs and I thought I'd post them up. You never know if this may help in your little four legged friends best interest,

Grapes

Xylitol ( artificial sugar sweetener- used in gum, mints, peanut butter ( so check ingredients if you put peanut butter in Kong chew toys) 

Onions

macadamia nuts

avocados

foxglove

lilies

chocolate

anti freeze (dogs like it because it's sweet tasting/vet clinic actually has a bottle of vodka on hand for this. vodka crystalizes antifreeze after ingestion)

and I've mentioned before. watch permethrin (tick spray ) on clothes until it's dry

So wife is a vet and had a dog came in from eating grapes. Very toxic to some dogs and not so much to others. So she listed a few other common items that are toxic to dogs and I thought I'd post them up. You never know if this may help in your little four legged friends best interest,

Grapes

Xylitol ( artificial sugar sweetener- used in gum, mints, peanut butter ( so check ingredients if you put peanut butter in Kong chew toys) 

Onions

macadamia nuts

avocados

foxglove

lilies

chocolate

anti freeze (dogs like it because it's sweet tasting/vet clinic actually has a bottle of vodka on hand for this. vodka crystalizes antifreeze after ingestion)

and I've mentioned before. watch permethrin (tick spray ) on clothes until it's dry

I think permethrin in it's liquid form is extremely toxic to Cats......not that most care, but it is.

My dog and my daughter learned about sugar-free gum sitting out on the coffee table - trip to the vet and a very tired dog not feeling so well for 24-hours.  The dog leaves things alone on the table most of the time since then.

Still goes bees after having been attacked once.  In the bees defense at the time, I think she was digging up their ground nest.

• Like 1