Daikon Raddish??

Inspite of how well the purple top turnips have performed this year,  I'm looking to plant something different for my fall plot. I was looking at the Daikon Raddish as a choice. From what I have read unlike other Brassicas the tops of the Daikon will resprout when browsed. Another great point of the Daikon is that the protien levels in both tops and roots exceed 20 %...wow...

I was wondering if anyone planted them and how did deer react to them?  Let me know. Thanks..

Haven't tried the Daikon. Planted Groundhog radishes, dwarf essex rape, and purple top turnips. They haven't touched ANY of them!! What a waste...

From what I read brassiacs are like this. It takes time for the deer to adjust as a food source and sometimes they will not if other forage exists.

I did several test plots and for me in a non-agricultural area the deer have gone after everything but the turnip bulbs in one season. Pulled the radishes out of the ground to eat. A friend who I split the seed with is in farmland and the deer haven't touched any of his plots; they walk by moving to the cut fields.

Tried seed from "Seedland" as samples and diakons did well and deer hit them hard for the tops and the roots late this fall and early winter.