This year's safety record

Doc

I'm thinking less hunters = less shots = less incidences. Also I think hunters using rifles are less likely to spray and pray. But whatever the reason, hoping this will be the safest season on record. And also hoping the trend continues.

sure is harder to spray and pray with a bolt action 30-06 vs the semi 12 gauges a lot of us toted.

• Like 2

Yeah me too, I don't think anyone in their right mind would shoot at a deer knowing there was someone down range behind it. If they do obviously they shouldn't own a gun.

I could have the next state record in front of me, I wouldn't take the shot knowing there was someone the other side of that deer. And yes I am a TROPHY hunter and meat hunter! I know many of you feel a person can't be both.

I know I am going to get flamed for this but I think I'm a good enough hunter to do both (hunt trophy deer and meat).

Here is the problem. I have had people pop out of the bushes dressed completely in camo (face paint and all). Today's camo is super effective, and a guy sitting in amongst some downed tree limbs and such is indeed virtually "invisible". These people have pulled this "gotcha" trick on very busy state property on opening day. And how they ever made it in and out of the woods alive can only be attributed to luck. They are gambling their lives on luck, or as nyantler said so well, they "made killing a deer more important than safety".

Am I a believer in blaze orange as an absolutely necessary piece of safety equipment? .... I am fanatic about it !

sure is harder to spray and pray with a bolt action 30-06 vs the semi 12 gauges a lot of us toted.

If you could go back in the archives here and pull some of my older posts "pre-rifle legalization" you'd find that is what I said many times.

Common sense...................................... :)

• Like 2