Swisher 44 wanted

Figured I would post this here. Looking to buy a swisher rough cut pull behind mower in good condition. Would consider a DR if the price was right. We have 50acres that has not been maintained in decades. Usually I would say to buy a tractor but we have some swampy parts to travel threw and a atv outfitted with tracks so I think a 44 would be perfect. Last day of deer season is the first day of next years season so if this weather holds we want to get down to business. Thanks J

Steve I saw that 52 inch on Craig's and just think it may be to heavy for our property. Fine for clearing around the orchard but some of our property can not be access without swampy terrain. That 52 weighs over 550lbs. If we bury it deep will our track atv pull it out? Do I really want to find out? The 44 I believe is around 25olbs ~ pretty sure I can walk that right in threw anything. There is a 44 also on Craig's ~ guy bought it from a neighbor, start it with a screw driver, one flat tire, doesn't know much about the age etc etc. still might go look at it. DR is awesome but the price is high ~ unless some one on here wants to part with one ;-).

The whole scenario sounds like trouble to me. Need an ATV with tracks because areas are swampy...! What do you think will happen when the (whatever model) mower goes thru it?? Sounds like a lot of smoke & burnt out drive belts to me. I tore up a decent ATV pull behind mower the 1st year using it on questionable & uneven ground. May be a completely different situation for your area!

The whole scenario sounds like trouble to me. Need an ATV with tracks because areas are swampy...! What do you think will happen when the (whatever model) mower goes thru it?? Sounds like a lot of smoke & burnt out drive belts to me. I tore up a decent ATV pull behind mower the 1st year using it on questionable & uneven ground. May be a completely different situation for your area!

I did the same exact thing. That uneven ground raises hell on the machine.