Christmas prep...

growalot

For those of you that have significant others...... Moms or grams that put on  Christmas for you..be it decorating,  baking all those wonderful sweets, cooking up a storm and cleaning like JC him self were coming over...go get them a little thank you something BEFORE Christmas...be it a plant,flowers,,bottle of wine or a break from cooking dinner between now and Christmas eve...You'll never know how much such a thing will brighten their spirits....Merry Christmas everyone... ;)

• Like 5

Great thought grow! I'll take your advice. My wife will start baking tonight and will bake each night until the 24th. Cookies, pies, cakes and assorted goodies, that she knows certain family members enjoy. All while working a full time job during the day! And then cook a huge dinner on Christmas day! Don't know why she settled for me, but I'm so happy she did!

• Like 4

Never been big on Christmas, wasn't celebrated growing up so now it's not a big deal to me.

The better half on the other hand............Usually the tree goes up on Black Friday, this year neither of us were really in the mood so I just put our tree up today.

The g/f started making gift baskets about 4 years ago for her family, a few of my family members, and my buddy and his parents. She used to make homemade wine jelly, homemade fudge, and homemade banana bread. We put that in baskets with cards. This year no jelly or fudge. Instead she made homemade chocolate balls ( fluffy coa-coa center with a crunchy shell ( like a Milky Way ) ), the banana bread, and she took some unsalted butter, whipped it with a blender, and made her own honey butter for the bread.

• Like 2