Air rifle hunting for deer coming to N.Y. ?

132 eight pointer

http://huntingny.com/forums/index.php?/topic/30881-DEC-Announces-Proposed-Rule-Changes-to-Allow-Big-Bore-Air-Rifles-for-Big-Game-Hunting

Here's the other thread. Easy to get lost as we don't have an airgun forum here.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Edited by shawnhu

• 2 months later...

On Long Island the bow season for deer runs from October to the end of January and the special shotgun season runs just the month of January (recently weekends in January were added). Still the towns on Long Island have a deer population problem and from what some rangers have said I think they may try allowing big bore airguns in the 4 month bow season once the DEC decides on the minimum requirements for them. I have heard here that some slug guns have similar ballistics to muzzle loaders which are not allowed on Long Island. So I'm wondering ballistic-ally how some big bore airguns stack up. In particular I am looking at the one I am posting a link to, but there are many others with more power and I am sure better performance.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Sam_Yang_Big_Bore_909S/516/4511

Please don't go off on a rant against sharing or losing any part of the bow season.

With the vast majority of kills under 40 yards how do you think these big bore airguns may perform? Could this open up more land for hunting on Long Island or towns with deer problems in upstate New York?

• Like 1

Read all about it right there. On the other thread. LOL

On Long Island the bow season for deer runs from October to the end of January and the special shotgun season runs just the month of January (recently weekends in January were added). Still the towns on Long Island have a deer population problem and from what some rangers have said I think they may try allowing big bore airguns in the 4 month bow season once the DEC decides on the minimum requirements for them. I have heard here that some slug guns have similar ballistics to muzzle loaders which are not allowed on Long Island. So I'm wondering ballistic-ally how some big bore airguns stack up. In particular I am looking at the one I am posting a link to, but there are many others with more power and I am sure better performance.

Please don't go off on a rant against sharing or losing any part of the bow season.

With the vast majority of kills under 40 yards how do you think these big bore airguns may perform? Could this open up more land for hunting on Long Island or towns with deer problems in upstate New York?

Sorry but if they allow this in bow season ot in long island or anywhere for that matter and not xbows i will be seriously pissed

• Like 2

oh dont worry about that...Hell they keep pushing theses BB guns they keep giving the..No need for high powered rifles group...more ammo to use in their fight.  As stupid as that sounds!

• Like 2

oh dont worry about that...Hell they keep pushing theses BB guns they keep giving the..No need for high powered rifles group...more ammo to use in their fight. As stupid as that sounds!

That's it right there....and if you don't believe it you haven't been paying attention to the news past few years...they will use and reason to take our guns and bb guns will help that

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sorry but if they allow this in bow season ot in long island or anywhere for that matter and not xbows i will be seriously pissed

Vince, According to the Law Enforcement DEC I have spoken to they seem to think Xbows for Long Island is inevitable, so I hope you won't be pissed for long.

However, If there are any hunter with muzzle loader ballistics experience I am wondering how the Sam Yang 909 compares.

Four Seasons

Number One: I ain't a BB gun.

Number Two: Yeah that theory sound pretty stupid.

Edited by EspressoBuzz
  • Like 1

Vince, According to the Law Enforcement DEC I have spoken to they seem to think Xbows for Long Island is inevitable, so I hope you won't be pissed for long.

However, If there are any hunter with muzzle loader ballistics experience I am wondering how the Sam Yang 909 compares.

Four Seasons

Number One: I ain't a BB gun.

Number Two: Yeah that theory sound pretty stupid.

Yeah the truth does sound stupid to some. Those BB/Pellet guns along with shotguns will be their fight and then throw in Crossbows and compounds and high powered rifle is now no longer needed..And will make our world so much safer of course.

I can see the headlines now.

• 3 weeks later...