Filming Hunt

ApexerER

I am interested in getting a camera for filming my hunts. I have heard the GO Pro while a nice camera is way to wide of an angle for filming hunts. I would like something I can mount on my Bow, Crossbow and Rifle. I was looking at this one...Not sure what to think with the price....like everything else some people love it other people say it is junk.....Any suggestions?

Well for some reason, I can't post a link....

It is an ATN Shot Track HD on Amazon for $99.95

Has 5x fixed Zoom but doesn't sound like it has image stabilization

I got a gopro hero+ for christmas from my son.  Have not had the chance to film any hunting or fishing videos yet but it has the option to record wide and narrow and 720 to 1080...30 and 60 fps. 

A good friend of mine (Big Mike 315) does fishing videos he posts on youtube:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKeEhKq39Y8Vv268M8GUzFw

and he uses multiple gopro's for his videos.  I believe he uses a hero 2, hero 3 and hero+.  Check one out and see if the angle is to wide for your taste.

ActionCAM's are nice. They are branded under a few different names (ActionCAM and CaptionHD are two I know of) but they are made here in NY by a guy running a small business. They are a no fuss camera. They have a nice barrel mount and a pic rail mount. They also have a hat clip and bow mount. They don't zoom and you need to make sure you clip them in but they are nice little cameras. They easily switch from one mount to the other so you can get all the action from different angles. They're HD and have a weather cover that you can film through. Extremely light weight! Like I said though they don't zoom but if you're getting the shot POV you're not going to be messing with that anyway. You do it after the fact in the video software. Way lighter and smaller than gopros. 

I have a lot of fun with my "Lid Cam". It snaps to any baseball type hat brim and takes pretty good video. The nice thing about it is that follows the action as your head turns. The bad thing is if you're looking out of the corner of your eye at the big buck that just came in, you can't always turn your head to capture the event. But that's true of any camera situation. The other mistake made is forgetting to turn it on when things get exciting.

I also have a contour camera and have had that mounted to my bow. Trouble there is vibration and the bow dropping forward on every shot. So there's the deer, twang "can't see anything" vibration and by the time things settle down your looking at the ground.

The "Lid Cam" worked best for me but I think it would be far better to have a cameraman. My wife is not interested and those that would enjoy hunting, are hunting.